Victoria Hall, Bagnall Street, Stoke-on-Trent ST1 3AD
The venue is situated in Hanley, which is north of the city centre and therefore if you are arriving by train or staying in Stoke itself, you will need to make plans to get to the venue as it is a half hour walk from the city centre.
Victoria Hall is in an area that houses the magistrates courts and register office and library, and if you have some time to kill, very close to the Potteries Museum and Art Gallery and with a couple of small parks nearby.
It is a 5 minute walk from the main part of Hanley town centre, with a pedestrianized shopping area where most of the bars and eateries are situated.
The venue is at least a half hour walk from the main Stoke on Trent station, but is right next to Hanley Bus station. If you are arriving into Stoke, take the bus numbers 21, 23 or 25 or the Yellow 9 to Hanley and get off at the main bus station.
NB. buses stop running before the end of the gig, so you may need to walk or get a taxi back.
Parking – The venue does not have its own parking but there are several nearby car parks.
- Birch Terrace – ST1 3JN – large surface long stay car park across the road from the venue
- John Street – multi-storey, 3 mins walk – ST1 3DX
- Hinde Street – large surface car park, 6 mins walk – ST1 3EG
Accommodation – with Hanley not really being a tourist destination, hotel choices are rather limited. There are a few more in Stoke itself and surrounding areas, but will be more difficult to get to after the show.
Check Booking.com for latest prices. There are also some small guest houses in Hanley – Verdon Guest House, Wheatsheaf Hotel and Smithfield Apartments.
- Premier Inn, Etruria Road ST1 5NH – £77 at time of writing
- Quality Hotel, Trinity Street (opposite The Exchange), ST1 5NB
- Holiday Inn – M6 J15
- Best Western, ST1 5BQ
- Travelodge, Stoke Talke, ST7 1UP
- Travelodge, Trentham Gardens, ST4 8BU
- Travelodge, Newcastle under Lyme, ST5 2RN
Food – there are a few places to eat nearby, along with a sit in curry house that doesn’t close on Friday nights til 1am
- Jaflong Curry, Lichfield St ST1 3EA – 5.30pm to 1.00am
- The Quarter, Piccadilly, South American/Euro food – open til midnight
- Peter’s Tavern, Piccadilly, Czech/Slovakian – open til midnight
Lots of daytime fast food places throughout the town – McD’s Nando, Pizza etc
Pubs – The Exchange Bar and Grill has arranged a James themed aftershow until 3am after the gig. The Exchange is a 5 minute walk from the venue, on Trinity Street, a large red brick building opposite the Quality Hotel. More details here – https://www.facebook.com/events/1020358838152635/
- The Exchange, Trinity Street – pub serving food
- Walkabout, Trinity Street
- The Reardon – opposite the venue, small cosy pub, Adventure Place – serves food
VIP & Stage Times will be added, along with other information, when available.