O2 Guildhall, West Marlands Road, Southampton SO14 7LP
The venue is situated in the city centre, within the Civic Centre pedestrianized complex and close to a shopping centre with lots of bars, food places and a park. Fans should have no problems finding food and drink and things to do prior to the show. The venue is a 10-15 minute walk from the main rail station. If you are collecting tickets, note that the Box Office is separate to the main building, in the Northguild, which is by the City Library and Art Gallery.
The venue has a cloakroom, which is free to O2 customers with the O2 App.
The building dates from the 1930s, and was originally the Town Hall – it retains many of the original Art Deco fittings in the hall and the bars. The venue is a large hall, with either stalls or a flat standing area in front of raked rear seating and a balcony above. The perspective of the photo makes the seats look further away from the stage than in reality.
Disabled visitors are well catered for, and the venue work with Attitude Is Everything – there are ground floor toilets, wheelchair spaces, a raised platform at standing gigs and there is a ramp to the right of the main entrance.
The venue capacity is 1749
Parking – The venue does not have its own parking but there are several nearby car parks.
- Grosvenor Square Car Park, off Cumberland Road (multi storey), SO15 2BE
- Civic Centre Car Park, Civic Centre Road, (small surface car park), SO14 7FW
- Southampton City Car Park (large surface car park at West Quay), SO15 1ST
Accommodation – Lots of hotels in the city centre, check with Booking.com for the latest prices and availability for those on there. There are also several Premier Inns and one Travelodge close to the venue and at the time of writing, both are very reasonable for this date, between £37 and £55 depending on whether you book non refundable or flexible.
- Premier Inn, Cumberland Place, SO15 3WY
- Premier Inn, Southampton Centre, SO14 0AB
- Premier Inn, West Quay, SO15 1BA (by West Quay car park)
- Travelodge, Southampton Centre, SO14 2BW
The venue also has deals of between 10 and 15% off with nearby Jury’s, The Grand Harbour Hotel and Hilton. See their website for details.
Food – Being in the City Centre, and close to a shopping centre, there are masses of places to eat nearby, from fast food to pubs and restaurants. Some of them are listed below but there are lots more.
- Guildhall Square – Artisan, Turtle Bay, Caffe Momento
- Civic Centre Road – Revolucion de Cuba, La Tavernetta Cucina
- Above Bar Street – Nando’s, KFC, Gourmet Burger Kitchen, Costa
Pubs – all the below also serve food.
- Yates’s, Above Bar Street
- Slug and Lettuce, Above Bar Street
- Scholar’s Arms, Above Bar Street
VIP & Stage Times will be added, along with other information, when available.