Usher Hall, Lothian Road, Edinburgh EH1 2EA
Usher Hall is centrally located in Edinburgh, close to the Castle, Princes Street and just off Lothian Road. Being so central, fans will have no problem finding places to eat, drink and shop close to the venue.
If you can get there by public transport, this is preferable, as parking in Edinburgh is at a premium. Both Waverley and Haymarket rail stations are around a 15 minute walk from the venue and there are lots of buses that stop right outside. Bus numbers 1, 10, 11, 15, 16, 24 and 34 stop outside whilst others stop within a few minutes’ walk.
Edinburgh has an extensive system of night buses – check out www.lothianbuses.com to check services back to where you are going.
There is also a tram line running through Edinburgh, connecting the airport and the Ingliston Park and Ride to the city centre. You can park for free at the Park and Ride and the journey into the centre takes around 30 mins. The nearest stop to Usher Hall is West End. The last tram back is 11.30pm but there is a later night bus – No. 300 that will take you back. Park and Ride closes at 2am., with no overnight parking allowed.
Parking – Parking in central Edinburgh can be tricky and most on-street parking nearby is resident permits or time restricted. There are 2 large car parks nearby but expect to pay £10 for 6 hours, even in the evening:
- NCP Castle Terrace, multi storey, EH1 2EW
- Semple Street, EH3 8BL
- Ingliston Park and Ride (free) – EH28 8LS – 30 min tram journey into centre, no height restrictions
Accommodation – As a major tourist city, there are masses of hotels nearby – you can check the latest prices on Booking.com. There are a number of Travelodges and Premier Inns nearby at decent prices still, circa £50 a night at the time of writing:
- Premier Inn Hub, Rose Street, EH2 2NN
- Premier Inn Royal Mile, East Market Street, EH8 8FR
- Premier Inn Hub Royal Mile, East Market Street EH8 8FR (cheaper with smaller rooms)
- Travelodge, Rose Street, EH2 2NH
- Travelodge, Queen Street, EH2 1JX
- Travelodge, Learmouth Terrace EH4 1PW
Food – Lots of places to eat nearby, from high class restaurants to cafes. Nearest that might be good for fans and meet-ups are:
- All Bar One, Lothian Road, opposite the venue
- The Beer Kitchen, food til 10pm and beer til 1am, Lothian Road
- Nando’s, Lothian Road
- Starbuck’s, Bread Street
Pubs – There are several bars and pubs nearby – All Bar One and The Beer Kitchen, as mentioned above, serve food all day. Also:
- Lebowski’s, Morrison Street, large chain pub, serves food
- Shakespeare, Sports bar with TVs, Lothian Road
- The Hanging Bat, micro brewery, Lothian Road
VIP & Stage Times will be added, along with other information, when available.