O2 Academy, 16-18 Horse Fair, Birmingham B1 1DB
Right in the heart of Birmingham City Centre, the O2 Academy is 8 minute’s walk from Birmingham New Street Station and 10 minute’s walk from the Bull Ring. It is situated right on the edge of the Chinese Quarter and the Gay Village and buses 61, 63, 146 and X64 stop right outside. The tram system in Birmingham is also only a short walk away.
The venue has a cloakroom and bars throughout.
Parking – Despite its central location, there is street parking nearby, on Bow Street, Irving Street, Gooch Street N, Bromsgrove Street and Kent Street. There are also secure car parks close by:
- NCP beside venue, B1 1DW
- Mailbox Car Park, B1 1RD – 600m walk
Accommodation – There are quite a few budget hotels within the city centre – check Booking.com for the latest prices. The nearest hotels to the venue are:
- Ibis, Great Colmore Street, B15 2AP (closest and cheapest, despite the postcode)
- Ibis, Irving Street, B1 1DH
- Holiday Inn, Smallbrook Queensway, B5 4EW
- Travelodge, Bull Ring, B5 4SG
- easyHotel, John Bright Street, B1 1BL
Food & Pubs – The venue is next to the Chinese Quarter – loads of restaurants nearby. All nearby pubs serve food too.
- Riley’s Sports Bar, Essex Street, opposite venue – burgers, pizza etc
- Dragon Inn – Wetherspoons, Hurst Street
- Craven Arms, Upper Gough Street, real ale pub, small and cosy, serves food
- The Victoria, theatre pub, cocktails, John Bright Street
- The Loft Lounge, modern themed, British food, burgers, sharers, Bromsgrove Street
- Railway, traditional pub with long tables with leather benches, good for groups, Hill Street
- Fountain Inn and Village Inn nearby are gay bars – just to be aware!
VIP & Stage Times will be added, along with other information, when available.